Michelle has devoted her 20+ year career to caring and teaching thousands of people as a former nurse practitioner, public health advocate, program creator, coach, and instructor. She is a breath of fresh air when it comes to helping people achieve their highest potential.
As a caring expert and well-being thought leader, she teaches how to first grow in Self-Caring and then how to care for others compassionately.
As a HeartMath® Certified Trainer, Caritas Coach® & Chopra Certified Total Well-being Coach™ Health™ Meditation™ Instructor, Michelle teaches a natural way to achieve total well-being using Self-Caring, meditation, nutrition, movement, sleep, and healthy emotions.
Michelle lives in Texas with her husband, Raul, children Leon and Nico, and her dogs, Vande and Avery.
She has a Master of Science in Nursing and a Master of Public Health from The University of Texas Health Science Center at Houston.
MICHELLE RENEE PECK
CO-FOUNDER | INSTRUCTOR | PROGRAM CREATOR | COACH | AUTHOR
HeartMath® Certified Trainer
HeartMath® Certified Practitioner
HeartMath® Stress and Well-Being Assessment Provider
Chopra Total Well-Being Coach™
Chopra Health™ Instructor
Chopra Meditation™ Instructor
Certified Caritas Coach®
School of Public Health at UTHealth, 2021, Focus: Health Disparities & Thinking for the Future
Cizik School of Nursing at UTHealth, 2021, Focus: Advanced Statistics
- Johns Hopkins Bloomberg School of Public Health, Summer Institute 2021, Focus: Resilience, Science of Narrative, Wellness Industry, Qualitative Research in Public Health
- School of Biomedical Informatics at UTHealth, 2021, Focus: Technical Writing
- The University of Colorado College of Nursing Anschutz Medical Campus, 2019, Focus: Caring Science
Master of Science in Nursing MSN, 2006, Cizik School of Nursing at UTHealth, Focus: Gerontological & Adult Nurse Practitioner
Master of Public Health MPH, 2006, School of Public Health at UTHealth, Focus: Health Services Organization
Bachelor of Science in Nursing BSN, 2002, Cizik School of Nursing at UTHealth
Bachelor of Science BS, May 1999, The University of Texas at El Paso, Focus: Chemistry & Biology
2004-2006 The Methodist Hospital Texas Medical Center, Staff Nurse
2006-2007 McGovern School of Medicine at UTHealth, Stroke Team, Nurse Practitioner
2007-2010 Practitioner Consulting Services, Inc., Founder, CEO, Consultant, Public Speaker, Nurse Practitioner
2011-2011 Memorial Hermann Northeast, Education Resource Specialist
2011-2013 McGovern School of Medicine at UTHealth, Geriatric and Palliative Medicine, Nurse Practitioner
2012-2021 University of Houston College of Optometry, OPTO 7361 Geriatric Optometry, Guest Lecturer
2013-2014 Erickson Living Medical Group, Nurse Practitioner
2005-2021 Cizik School of Nursing at UTHealth, Instructor in Nursing
2014-2022 Michelle Peck & Company LLC, Founder, Speaker, Consultant, Expert Witness
2022-present Academy of Well-Being LLC, Co-founder, Author, Course Creator, Coach, Instructor
2001, 2002, 2005, 2006 Who's Who Listed, Cizik School of Nursing
2005 Masters Student Award, Sigma Theta Tau International, Zeta Pi Chapter
2006 Millie A. Field Research Award for Outstanding Thesis, Cizik School of Nursing
2018 15-Years of Service Award UTHealth
2018 Nomination - John P. McGovern Outstanding Teacher of the Year, Cizik School of Nursing
2019 Michael B. Samuel Scholarship, University of Colorado, College of Nursing
2019 College of Nursing Scholarship, University of Colorado, College of Nursing
2020 Nomination - John P. McGovern Outstanding Teacher of the Year, Cizik School of Nursing
2021 Ph.D. Student Excellence Award, Sigma Theta Tau International, Zeta Pi Chapter
- Peck, M. (2006). Cost of Pharmaceuticals in Long-Term Care: Geriatric Associates of America's Nurse Practitioner Model. Master's Thesis, Academic-University of Texas Health Science Center at Houston.
- Rhondali, W., My Thi Nguyen, L., Peck, M., Vallet, F., Daneault, S., & Filbet, M. (2014). Description of a teaching method for research education for palliative care healthcare professionals. Palliative and Supportive Care.
- Wang, J., Carroll, D., Peck, M., Myneni, S., & Gong, Y. (2016). Mobile and Wearable Technology Needs for Aging in Place: Perspectives from Older Adults and Their Caregivers and Providers. Studies in Health Technology and Informatics.
- Wang, J., Du, Y., Coleman, D., Peck, M., Myneni, S., Kang, H., & Gong, Y. (2019). Mobile and Connected Health Technology Needs for Seniors Aging in Place: A Cross-Sectional Survey Study. JMIR Aging.
- My Thi Nguyen, L., Peck, M. (2021). Pain in the Older Adult. In E. Bruera, I. Higginson, C. von Guten, T. Morita (Eds). Textbook of Palliative Medicine and Supportive Care (3rd ed., Chapter 31). CRC Press.
- Peck, M. (2021). The Transformational Ways of Being: Self-Compassion, Compassion, and Resilience in Healthcare. Crisis, Stress, and Human Resilience: An International Journal.
- Peck, M. (2022). Self-Caring A Well-Being Guidebook With Mindful Gratitude Journal Plus Healthy-Habit Workbook. Academy of Well-Being.